Welcome back to the Tuesday Turn About Link Party. I’m so happy you’re joining us! Summer is here in a big way and I hope you are able to get out and enjoy it. I’m enjoying all the great posts I’m seeing on our link party, and excited to share three DIY projects with you this week.
Weekly Blogging Tip
Blogging often involves LOTS of images on any given post! Be sure your images are:
- resized appropriately for importing to your post (I.e., mine are all sized with a width of 675 pixels, but many adjust the smallest side of the image to 1020 pixels), and
- compressed after you import them to your post. There are plenty of free plug-ins to do this. At least, they start out as free… but the cost is minimal for the space it saves on your blog, therefore making your site faster. FYI, I use Short Pixel, and I’ve been happy with it for over 2 years now.
Let us know how you process your photos on your site, and share what compression plug-in you use!
Michelle’s Household Tip
These days the only time I seem to use an iron, is when I’m working on sewing projects. I noticed my iron had some black sticky looking build up on it, probably from ironing the wrong kind of fabric at the wrong temperature. I tried several different things to take it off, then used a Magic Eraser. Yep just like magic it was clean in seconds.
Be sure to visit My Wee Abode and Bluesky At Home for their weekly tips. Every week Julie, Carol and I will each pick three posts to share for a total of nine features. If you missed the party last week click on Tuesday Turn About Link Party.
Though not a requirement at all, we would love it if you would subscribe and/or follow your hostesses on one or more of our social medias:
While you’re here, see what your hostesses have been up to.
Thistle Key Lane
My Wee Abode
Bluesky At Home
Remember to visit my co-hosts Julie and Carol to see their features this week!
My picks This Week
Crissy of First Day Of Home shares her secret of How To Dry Flowers With Silica Gel. This is one of those projects I’ve always wanted to know how to do.
Ashley of Home With Ashley shares her adorable DIY Rainbow Baby’s Breath Centerpiece. This look is taking me back to the 70s.
Jayne of Chalking Up Success shares her beautiful secretary makeover in her post, How To Paint And Stencil Furniture With Chalk Paint.
Don’t forget to visit my co-hosts Julie and Carol for their features as well!
Now It’s Your Turn! Link Away!
Because this is a party, we encourage all who link up to visit several other bloggers who have linked as well – comments and pins are a great way to spread the love!
Before you get started, take a look at our guidelines:
- This party is for home decor and home-related posts only (recipes, organizing, DIY, crafts, etc.). Link up to 3 related posts. Please do not link up informational posts that do not relate to the topic.
- If you would please not link up shops, advertising, round-ups, other link parties, or any posts promoting sales, we would appreciate it.
- DO NOT PIN FROM IMAGES ON THIS PAGE (it just won’t work right on Pinterest). However, please visit the original post/source and pin from there. That works perfectly!
- By linking to the party, you give us permission to share your projects on our blogs and social media. We will always give proper credit with a no-pin image.
- Please make sure that your images are in a jpeg or png format. If we can’t copy your image, we can’t feature you.
I can’t wait to see what you share with us this week and look forward to reading your posts!