I’m excited to share my mini mixed berry cobbler recipe featuring cute flower cutouts for the crust. These mini desserts make a pretty presentation right in their own baking dish. AND I’m happy to say they’re just the right serving size, so you don’t have to worry about sharing. For more desserts ideas, see my posts on Mini Pound Cake Recipe and Mini Rum Cake Recipe.
This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure page for more information.
If you don’t have mini pie dishes no worries, just use 8 ounce ramekins. Before serving add a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or a big spoonful of sweetened whipped cream on top.
Mini Mixed Berry Cobbler Recipe
- 2 cups strawberries sliced
- 2 cups blackberries
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter sliced or cubed
- 1 package of ready made refrigerated pie crust
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar for the tops of crusts
- Pre-heat oven 375°F. Grease 6 small pie dishes or 6-8oz. ramekins.
- Combine berries in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to mixed berries and gently stir until coated.
- Add lemon zest and vanilla extract to mixed berries, gently stirring again. Then let the berry mixture sit for about 10 minutes to allow the berries to release their juices.
- Meanwhile place slices or cubes of butter in the six pie dishes, dividing equally.
- Remove pie crusts from the fridge and unroll onto a piece of parchment paper. Using a cookie cutter quickly cut out enough cookie shapes for each cobbler while dough is cold. For a traditional looking cobbler cut dough into strips to make a lattice pattern.
- Spoon mixed berries into pie dishes with slices or cubes of butter.
- Arrange dough cutouts on top of berries. Place pie dishes on a full sheet pan covered in foil just incase they bubble over (especially when using ramekins).
- Brush tops of dough cutouts with heavy cream and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Serve warm.
Mini Mixed Berry Cobbler Recipe Notes:
My mom always added butter slices to her cobblers and I’m continuing the tradition. Butter adds just the right amount of richness, and taste so delicious with the thick berry juices.
When it comes to making a decorative cobbler crust, I simply don’t have a lot of success in making a pretty lattice pattern. So cookie cutouts are my quick and easy alternative. I’m sure you can come with lots of cookie cutter ideas that will delight your family.
Baking Supply suggestions
Be sure to follow Thistle Key Lane on Pinterest, where the boards are up to date with seasonal inspiration you’re going to love!
Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you’re enjoying your summer and that you have time to try this simple cobbler recipe.
©2020 Mini Mixed Berry Cobbler Recipe post first appeared on Thistle Key Lane™.