Summer Ready Patio And Garden Tour

Thank you for stopping by for the summer ready patio and garden tour. We’re wrapping up projects just in time for the Spring Into Summer Porches, Patios & Outdoor Spaces Blog Hop. I’m so excited to be joining our hostess Amber, from Follow The Yellow Brick Home, plus 19 more bloggers.

If you’re stopping by from The Tattered Pew, welcome! Hope you enjoyed Kelly’s fresh outdoor decorating as much as I did.

Summer ready patio and garden tour with a relaxing sitting area.

This spring we had a ton of rain which put us behind on a lot of projects but we’re finally caught up. The summer heat is on the way, and I’m looking forward to the first cannon ball in the pool to cool off.

So far we can check the follow off our to-do list for the patio and garden.

• Trim hedges
  • Replace brick pavers with rock around flower beds
  • Repaint large planters
  • Plant ground cover and flowers
  • Expand flower bed around pecan tree and add bark mulch
  • Repaint light fixture

I have to give credit when credit is due, the husband wears a lot of hats since he takes care of the yard and the pool. He’s also handy on the grill and the designated cabana boy, which makes patio living pretty awesome.

Just so you’ll get an idea of where we started, take a look at a few of the before photos from last fall and early spring.

Summer Ready Patio And Garden Tour

No more chipped paint on the planters or sun faded patina on the light fixture. A simple paint touch up on those gives them a whole new look.

Updated planters on the summer ready patio and garden tour.

This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. I may make a slight commission however that doesn’t affect the price you pay.

We also have new windows and let me tell you, I don’t miss those ugly solar screens at all. They made a huge difference on the electric bill when they were first installed, but our new high efficiency windows are so much better.

With all our little projects finished it was time to add seasonal touches. Red, white and blue pompom garlands hang over the patio table and patriotic lumbar pillows add extra comfort to the chairs.

Summer ready patio and garden tour, dining alfresco.

For more entertaining ideas see the post summer tablescape.

Summer ready patio and garden tour with outdoor dining.

Favorite Patio And Garden Features

The holly hedge surrounds most of the backyard, buffering city noises and provides us with privacy too. Planting them when we first moved in our home really paid off, since they’re over fifteen feet tall now. Besides that, we get to enjoy all that wonderful greenery year around.

Summer ready patio and garden tour with metal chairs and pillows.

I have a huge appreciation for all the sandstone features, including the wall surrounding the pool and patio areas, plus the stepping stones the meander across the lawn. New rock borders around the flower beds are the latest additions. They certainly enhance the landscape and will get more beautiful with age.

Blueberries and flowers in patio containers.

Did you notice the little container garden? We have blueberry bushes on each side of the patio table and herbs growing in smaller planters. Once the blueberries are ripe I’ll be baking something special and sharing the recipe right here on the blog.

Patio table surrounded by plants.

Ready for s’mores? Our fire pit may have seen better days, but it’s still handy when we’re ready to roast marshmallows. An old cola crate holds supplies and napkins for sticky fingers. I think I had at least five marshmallows, but the first one didn’t count since it landed on the patio after going down in flames. 😐

Ingredients in glass jars for outdoor s'mores.

Be sure to follow Thistle Key Lane on Pinterest. The boards are up to date with seasonal inspiration that you can use right now!

Summer patio with a fire pit, chairs and s'mores.

Thanks so much for stopping by for the summer ready patio and garden tour. Up next on the blog hop is Kristin at White Arrows Home sharing her mountain home summer porch.

Don’t forget to visit all of the other beautiful posts by clicking on the links below.

Cheers!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

©2019 Summer Ready Patio And Garden Tour post first appeared on Thistle Key Lane™

35 thoughts on “Summer Ready Patio And Garden Tour

• Michelle Meyer says:

Thank you Marty! It’s officially patio season and as long as the weather cooperates we meals outdoors every weekend.

• Michelle Meyer says:

Thank you Laura! Those little improvements made a big difference but of course there’s always room for more projects.

1. Lora Bloomquist says:

What a beautiful oasis, Michelle! The holly bushes have created such a lovely green, private backdrop to it all. So wonderful that your hubs loves making the space beautiful as much as you do; lucky!

2. Cecilia says:

Your completed projects look great in your beautiful outdoor space! It is a pleasure to join you for the hop this week! Blessings, Cecilia @ My Thrift Store Addiction

• Michelle Meyer says:

Thanks Cecilia! Sometimes it’s hard to relax when you haven’t finished the old to-do list. So happy to have it done!

3. thetatteredpew says:

I really enjoyed your garden! What a beautiful space you have created! I also love your s’mores in the old coca-cola crate! So cute!

4. Botanic Bleu says:

Michelle,
    I love your outdoor spaces! The large green hedge is a beautiful privacy wall. Your new stones bordering the flower beds are my favorite kind of borders, as you know. You photograph your beautiful patio with beautiful shots. I always love seeing how you style your spaces and how you photograph them.

Happy summer,
    Judith

• Michelle Meyer says:

Thank you so much Judith for your sweet comments. Yes we both have a love for a natural looking landscapes. Just waiting for everything to grow and bloom now. 🙂

5. artandsand says:

I love your backyard and I am going to copy your idea of the Coca Cola crate holding s’mores . We have had cold days and drizzly weather, but I’m hoping soon that we’ll be using the fire pit.

• Michelle Meyer says:

Hi Carol, I have lost count on how many ways that old crate has been used over the years. It’s a classic! Wishing you sunny days ahead!

• Michelle Meyer says:

Thank you Cindy! I over did it on s’more the other night and might have to hold off for a week or two. LOL

6. Amber says:

I have never seen this much of your back yard patio and pool before and it is just gorgeous. I love the holly privacy hedge. How long did it take before you had some real privacy? It looks amazing! I love the patriotic lumbar pillows, the cute Coca-Cola crate for toting goodies and your beautiful landscaping and pool so much!

I hope you enjoy summer in this space. Will you be the one doing the ceremonial first cannon ball of the season? if so, happy ceremonial splashing! Thanks for joining the hop!

• Michelle Meyer says:

Thank you Amber. It’s going to be a great summer and I’m sure my husband will have the honors of the first cannon ball lol! We had pretty good privacy with the hollies after about 8 years. Some are between 15 and 20 feet tall now. What can I say, I have the best yard man. 🙂 Thanks so much for organizing the hop. Super job!

7. CoCo says:

Oh my word Michelle this looks like such a gorgeous backyard oasis! Every detail is so pretty. I love the changes you guys have made and your patriotic decor feels like the perfect way to welcome summer. I could totally relax here, it’s all fabulous. Hugs, CoCo

• Michelle Meyer says:

We are so ready to welcome summer. I think the patio and pool are calling my name LOL. Thank you so much CoCo for your sweet comments! Hugs!

8. Chloe Crabtree says:

I love your vignette all set up ready to toast the marshmallows to make s’mores! I was kind of wondering why you needed to replace your bricks along your beds with stones, but you are right, they do look so much better! It looks like you are ready to enjoy all of your hard work!

• Michelle Meyer says:

Yes the old brick pavers were starting to crumble but the stone border should last a whole lot longer. Thanks so much for stopping by Chloe! Happy Summer!