Today I’m sharing a mini pound cake recipe that you will love making over and over. My family is already begging me to make more, although it doesn’t take much arm twisting for me to agree. When I have extra time on my hands, baking is one of those activities I truly enjoy.
This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure page for more information.
As a special treat, I joining some of my blogging friends for a Spring Ideas Tour. This is the place to be if you’re looking for springtime inspiration for mantels, tablescapes, DIY projects, recipes, and porches. A big thank you goes to my friend Paula of Sweet Pea for hosting our fun tour. Enjoy clicking through all the links below!
I never get tired of talking about desserts. How about you? These mini pound cakes have a light and crispy crunch on the outside and delicate moist texture on the inside. For more recipes see one of my most popular posts featuring Mini Rum Cakes.
Top with whipped cream, fresh fruit and berries as I did, or make a glaze with powdered sugar and lemon juice. There’s no wrong way to serve these babies.
One of our favorite summer desserts is pound cake topped with drunken strawberries. Place sliced strawberries in a bowl and sprinkle with a little sugar. Stir in a tablespoon of Grand Marnier and place the bowl in the fridge for a couple of hours. This will allow the strawberries to release their juices and mingle with the Grand Marnier. So delicious, words can hardly describe.
Mini Pound Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla pure extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1-1/2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Pre heat oven 325°F. Grease and flour mini bundt pan.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy with a hand or stand mixer.
- Add eggs to butter and sugar one at a time.
- Next add vanilla extract and lemon zest.
- Add whipping cream alternating with flour a little at a time. Be sure to stop and scrape down sides of the bowl so all the flour is combined.
- Fill already prepared mini bundt pan sections half way with batter.
- Bake on center rack for about 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool for about 30 minutes then invert onto cooling rack.
- Garnish with whipping cream, berries and orange slices.
Note: Double the recipe for a regular size bundt cake. Grease and flour pan well. Bake for about 60 minutes in a 325°F oven.
Helpful tip: If you happen to be low on eggs, substitute one heaping tablespoon of sour cream for each egg. I did this not too long ago and the mini cakes were perfect.
Supply List For Easy Baking
Spring Ideas Tour
Monday ~ Mantels
Tuesday ~ Tablescapes
Wednesday ~ DIY
Thursday ~ Recipes
Friday ~ Porches