Time to start planning those holiday desserts with the Best No Crust Fudge Pie Recipe. I love simple old fashioned recipes that are easy to make with a short list of ingredients. Don’t you? Those are really my speciality!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure page for more information.
Why no crust? Well this pie doesn’t really need it, which also makes this an easy recipe to convert to gluten free. Even without a crust, it also holds together very well for cutting and serving. Of course if you really want a crust I have instructions for that too, I’m here to help.
I come from a long line chocolate lovers, so this recipe is perfect for our get-togethers. It has just the right amount of sweetness with a crusty top and soft on the inside.
I don’t always eat dessert, but if I’m offered a sweet confection that has chocolate in the description all bets are off. Anyone else like that? When you think about it, who doesn’t have room for a few wee bites of fudge pie?
Best No Crust Fudge Pie Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour or gluten free flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Grease pie dish and set aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a sauce pan over low heat.
- Combine eggs, sugar, flour, salt, vanilla and chopped pecans in a large bowl, mixing well.
- Add warm chocolate sauce to bowl and mix well.
- Pour into a 9″ pie dish.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Cool slightly before cutting and serving on a cooling rack.
For fudge pie with a crust – pour fudge mixture into a cooled pre-bake pie shell. Bake as above.
Serve warm or at room temperature. Easily warms up in microwave.
No Crust Fudge Pie serving suggestions
- Vanilla ice cream with chopped pecans
- Vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce
- Sweetened whipped cream with a sprinkle of nutmeg
- Light dusting of cocoa powder
Plain fudge pie may not win a beauty contest, but it’s just as delicious served without any toppings.
When you have a chance try my Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie recipe for more chocolaty goodness.
Be sure to follow Thistle Key Lane on Pinterest, where the boards are updated daily with recipes and inspiration that you can use right now!
Do you have a favorite chocolate recipe? I love talking about chocolate and reading your comments.
©2019 Best No Crust Fudge Pie Recipe first appeared on Thistle Key Lane™