I’m not sure if I dare call peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal cookies a healthy snack, but they’re close. They can also be made gluten-free, which is a welcome option for family members with a sensitivity to gluten.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups oats or gluten-free oats
- 1 cup peanut butter (I used Jif Natural)
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- sea salt (optional)
Preheat oven to 375°F
- Combine oats, baking powder and brown sugar.
- Stir in peanut butter, then beaten eggs and vanilla extract mixing well
- Stir in chocolate chips and chopped walnuts
- Drop by spoonful on a parchment lined baking sheet. If desired sprinkle lightly with sea salt.
- Bake for about 12 minutes. Remove and let cool.
Recipe makes 24 to 28 cookies
Click here to download recipe
This is a flexible recipe, if you want to switch out dark chocolate chips for semi-sweet or switch out chopped walnuts for pecans or peanuts. As far as taste goes you won’t miss the gluten if you use gluten-free oats.
In the recipe I noted that I use Jif Natural peanut butter. It is gluten-free and has less salt and sugar than many others.
Don’t be too disappointed if these peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal cookies disappear quickly. You may want to hide a couple for yourself!
©2018 Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie (Gluten-Free Option) first appeared on Thistle Key Lane™
Leave A Comment