Try this Pear Bundt Cake Recipe With Bourbon Glaze and wow your holiday guests. I’m looking forward to Thanksgiving so much this year and can’t wait to get the family together. How about you? Are you traveling or hosting at home? Either way, this is the place for last minute inspiration. Today I’m joining the festivities with the “We Gather Together Thanksgiving Blog Hop”, hosted by my friend Amber of Follow The Yellow Brick Home.
Thank you for stopping by today. If you are visiting from Petite Haus, welcome. Angelina’s French style is always so elegant.
My favorite part of a holiday meal is lingering at the table while enjoying a dessert or two. The rush and excitement of getting everything ready is over. The turkey dinner has been devoured and then it’s time to relax over a slice of cake or pie.
I love a pretty dessert buffet with pie and cake options. Pear bundt cake is an easy dessert to transport and keeps well for several days.
The secret to this pear bundt cake recipe is in the very first step. Mixing the chopped pears with sugar and pecans in order to release the juices of the pears makes this a deliciously moist cake. Of course it has just a little kick with the bourbon glaze, sealing in all that delicious flavor.
Pear Bundt Cake Recipe With Bourbon Glaze
- 4 cups pears peeled and chopped
- 2 cups sugar granulated
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 3 cups flour all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Kosher
- 2 eggs large
- 1 cup oil vegetable or canola
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine chopped pears, sugar and pecan pieces in a large bowl and let sit for 1 hour. Stir often to let the juice of the pears release. This is an important step in achieving a moist cake.
- Pre-heat oven 350º F. Grease and flour bundt pan or use baking spray.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, baking soda and salt in a bowl then add to pear mixture.
- Add oil and vanilla to beaten eggs, then stir into the pear and flour mixture.
- Pour cake batter into a prepared bundt pan.
- Bake at 350º F for about 1 hour.
- Let cake cool for about 5 minutes, then invert onto a cooling cake rack.
- 1 cup sugar granulated
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- Combine sugar, water and bourbon in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Place wire rack with cake, on top of a sheet pan and spoon bourbon glaze over top of cake. (For fast clean-up, line sheet pan with parchment paper.)
- Reserve left over glaze to drizzle over cake when serving.
Scroll to the bottom of the post for a printable version.
Be sure to follow Thistle Key Lane on Pinterest where the boards are up to date with seasonal inspiration you are going to love!
Next on the tour is White Arrows Home. Kristin is hosting a Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Breakfast! Grab a cup of coffee and settle back as you click through the links below.
Full list of blog hop participants:
Follow The Yellow Brick Home / A Stroll Thru Life / Common Ground / Our Southern Home / Decor To Adore / County Road 407 / Botanic Bleu / Let’s Add Sprinkles / The Crowned Goat / Rosemary and Thyme/ Virginia Sweet Pea / My Thrift Store Addiction / First Day of Home / Celebrate and Decorate / Calypso In The Country / Petite Haus / Thistle Key Lane / White Arrows Home / My Wee Abode / Lora Bloomquist / Bluesky at Home / Panoply / Belle Bleu Interiors / Katherine’s Corner / Debbee’s Buzz / Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson