I’m happy to share my blueberry lemon sorbet recipe, that we’re currently enjoying as a delicious and satisfying treat. Frozen desserts move up to the top of my favorites list during the summer. Especially this one, which I consider to be practically guilt free.
This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure page for more information.
Think of it this way, if you are going to indulge a little, do it with a superfood. Blueberries are high in anti-oxidants, vitamin C and fiber. They’re also good for your brain, heart and work to alleviate inflammation. Sounds pretty super to me!
Of course lemons are on the superfoods list too, which makes this dessert doubly guilt free. If you’re a lemon lover like me then you might want to take a quick look at my Summer Lemon Tablescape from last week. I have two free lemon botanical printables to share with you too.
Can you guess what I did with those leftover lemons?
Blueberry Lemon Sorbet Recipe
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 5 lemons)
- Layer fresh blueberries on a parchment lined baking sheet and place in the freezer for about a hour or until firm.
- Meanwhile squeeze about 5 lemons, then place the lemon juice in the fridge to chill until ready to use.
- Place blueberries in a blender or food processor, add sugar, and lemon juice. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Pour blueberry lemon mixture into a 1 pound loaf pan and freeze.
- Should be firm enough in about three to four hours to serve.
- When ready to serve, remove from freezer and let stand for a few minutes to soften. An ice cream scoop makes serving a breeze.
To speed up the freezing process, place the loaf pan in the freezer when you pop in the blueberries. They can chill and hang out in there together.
I highly recommend using Meyer lemons, and I always look for them whenever a recipe calls for fresh lemons.
The sugar can easily be reduced to 1/3 cup when using really sweet blueberries and Meyer lemons. Honey can also be used as a sweetener for a little bit different taste.
If you’re thinking about updating your kitchen supplies, I have a few shopping suggestions for you.
Be sure to follow Thistle Key Lane on Pinterest, where the boards are up to date with seasonal inspiration you’re going to love!
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you will enjoy this super simple dessert this summer.
©2020 Blueberry Lemon Sorbet Recipe post first appeared on Thistle Key Lane™.