I’m so excited to be reviewing the LG Top Load Washer with Turbo Wash (WT7700HVA 5.7 Cu. Ft.) and the LG Easy Load Electric Dryer with Steam (DLEX7700VE 9.0 Cu. Ft.). To see the original Laundry Room post from September, click HERE. I had several people ask for my opinion concerning the LG products, but didn’t feel comfortable making a recommendation until now.
After giving the washer and dryer a test drive over the last month, I’m more in-tune with the aspects of their performance. First of all, these babies are loaded with smart features and settings. Let me share some of my favorites with you.
- The LG is a High Efficiency washer which means it uses less water and less energy to operate. The water will only fill up to the height of the clothes, bedding or towels. I love not feeling guilty about washing small loads of laundry because unnecessary water is not wasted.
- Easy to use touch controls– The washer is under my command with just one finger.
- Convenient laundry soap tray– Although I ‘m usually coordinated, spills happen. The soap tray is in a much safer location than it was in my previous washer.
- Spin Cycle– The up-to-date sensors in the spin cycle actually work as they should. I was not happy with the old front load washer when I would find bedding and towels soaked after the cycle was complete.
- Washer Settings– The drum is large enough for a king-sized quilt or comforter because it does not have an agitator taking up valuable space. When using the “bedding” setting, I actually feel like the quilt is clean with no remaining soap residue.
Most people will find that the depth of the drum is not an issue. However, I’m vertically challenged, so reaching that one sock, stuck on the opposite side was a stretch, needless to say. Luckily, I quickly figured out I could spin the drum around so that brief problem resolved itself. With so many redeeming features, I dare not complain.
- Most of the settings are standard. However, one setting is worth raving about; the steam feature. I have used it a couple of times on wrinkled jeans and within a few minutes they came out looking like I had pressed them. Wow!
- Just like the washer settings, the dryer has a bedding and a towel setting. These settings work perfect! No problem getting the king sized quilt dry and the old towels seem a little more fluffy.
- The multifunctional dryer door can tilt open from the top or open from the side. Very convenient when you want to drop something in and don’t want socks jumping ship after opening the door while the drum is spinning.
- The top of the dryer has hidden storage under the lid for dryer sheets or loose change. I’m confident this feature alone will discourage piling things on top of the dryer. One can dream, right?
- The lint trap has a unique design and it takes maybe 10 seconds longer to clean, but I think it is well worth it. It seems to catch more lint than my previous dryer.
I always say, give credit where credit is due. The husband spent several hours researching washers and dryers focusing on durability, features and overall value. The LG was at the top of his recommendation list. We purchased the LG washer and dryer at Home Depot.
After using the LG washer and dryer, I would give them a perfect score.
Michelle Meyer || Thistle Key Lane